Friday, March 9, 2012

Nightstand Bench




This bench is a little more creative than if first shows. The footboard of the bed is actually attached to the bench! Since moving my Grangirls in meant getting really creative with using every possible space and almost everything must pull double duty....nothing can just sit around looking pretty, it has to be functional too. So before building their beds as you have seen on the earlier post, we (mostly meaning me) downsized three good sized dressers, bought a bed with twelve (smaller) drawers - six on each side, so that all I had left was a vanity and two night stands. My bedroom was too small for these standard size nightstands yet I still needed a bit more drawers, so I asked my handy son to do this design. He stood the two nightstands side by side measuring to the bed, and put shelves in the middle, and duplicated the shape from the old tops. Then my hubby came up with the idea of attaching the footboard to this bench since we have a long pull out drawer at the foot of the bed and did not want it sealed off. Let me know what you think?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comments! I really like how this piece turned out. Ever have something you just don't want to get rid of yet you can't use it as it is.....well that's just what this was. No room for two night stands in my bedroom, so I redesigned it. Now it does double duty as a bench and still able to utilize the drawers with style!

    ReplyDelete